How To Get A Better Butt! – Ep. 19

One of my very best friends and world-renowned strength coach, Mike Boyle shares some awesome tips and strategies for getting your best butt ever.

This is a fantastic interview! Thanks so much, Mike!

Learn more about Mike at his blog at http://mboyle1959.wordpress.com/

Facebook comments:

13 Responses to “How To Get A Better Butt! – Ep. 19”

1. Erin says:

Great stuff, Val. Thanks!

2. shelley says:

dynamic speaker!! loved it!!!

3. Michele Mattingly says:

WOW! Where have these Butt Kickers been? I’m 63 and want my “cutie bootie” back up without the hangin moosh – not bigger, but lifted and firm again, and here are these VAL Slide exercises that I haven’t seen. What DVDs are these on? Now, we’re talkin! I’m ready for this series!

Heart HUGS,

Michele

4. So true!
    Went from performance training(Powerlifting – VERY heavy squats)
    to antero posterior force vector exercises for the butt.
    Quads have slimmed down quickly & butt is lifting – yay!
    Lots of single limb work.
    Love valslides, bands, TRX my powerblocks & kettlebells.
    PLUS I highly recomend a personal assessment with Val if you can get one :)
    Val is brilliant at helping you to adjust your mindset (The all important X factor that makes sure you not only acheive your results but keep them!)
    Thank you Val & Mike!

P.S Mike has a great site http://www.strengthcoach.com – only $10 a month membership and packed full of brilliance!

5. Luke Wold says:

Thanks Mike and Val!

6. Shelly says:

Val,

I look forward to each of your RCR segments, especially ones containing more Val slide exercises. I have huge, athletic legs and a rear end to match, but leaner legs are what I desire too. Keep the info coming. The Val gym kit was such a great investment and I enjoy using it.

7. Wendy says:

Thanks for this Val! I really appreciated what Mike had to say. I have always believed that a trainer [any trainer] does have to listen to their clients’ needs because we all aren’t looking to be athletes – particularly most women. What we want is basic. We don’t want excessive body fat [especially on the stomach!]we want a rounded butt, thin and well toned thighs and glutes and we want to be healthy and look good in our jeans, skirts or dresses, etc. Not rocket science, just basic stuff. Also, we want to know what to eat that will keep us healthy and fit.

8. Anne says:

Single Leg Exercises here I come today…I wanna be the hot mommy with the booty!

It’s funny, some women gain mass in their legs so easily that in the pilates reformer class we take down their weights big time on the footwork — which are essentially squats with different leg positions. I am going to experiment with adding a few more single leg moves…

Thanks for the info Val…great interview. :)

9. Stephanie says:

Love this, Val! Thanks!

Question: What if you are happy with your weight and body, but just want to reduce the size of your booty?!

10. Great video Val! I’m obviously not a woman, but I help women get into better shape so I found this quite useful. And Mike Boyle, you rock too! (and I love your Bodysaw exercise.)

11. Amber says:

Thanks Val for the great interview. I feel like I have been arguing with trainers for years about squats and large quads in some women, namely me. And finally, finally someone (You and Mike) said something that made sense re: activating the hips with bent over exercises and single leg exercises. I am so happy I watched this video. Thank you!

12. Great interview Val. Mike never disappoints…and neither do you. Many thanks.

13. Valerie says:

I am so happy you all enjoyed the video.! Mike Boyle is just awesome! Super smart and really fun too!
    I am doing my part to dispel the myth that women can’t get too muscular and it’s great to get support from one of the best trainers out there.

Stephanie, you still want to work your glutes but I would load them too heavy. No stair running, no heavy squats and no high steps. Try Valband side steps, single leg glute bridge, Valslide reverse lunges with no weight and donkey kicks or standing leg lifts to the back.

Love and Lunges,